Alumni and Friends Scholarship at Mesa Community College
- Student enrolled at Mesa Community College
- Financial need (per FAFSA)
- Have a declared major
- Minimum college or high school CUM GPA of 2.5
- Enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- $2,000 ($1,000 per semester) to cover tuition, books, fees, and educational supplies. Awards for students taking less than 12 credit hours will be pro-rated.
- Scholarship may be renewed for up to 3 semesters. Renewals are based upon the alumni mentor’s recommendation and maintenance of a GPA of 2.5 or above
SELECTION PROCESS AND DISBURSEMENT OF FUNDS
Applications will be evaluated based on the quality of written responses in the application materials and financial need. Selected recipients will be notified by the Office of Alumni Relations and must submit a written letter of acceptance and thank you to the donors. Once the acceptance and thank you letter is received, the Financial Aid Office will apply the scholarship award to the student’s tuition and fees and disburse any remaining funds.
Falsifying or knowingly misrepresenting information will result in disqualification and revocation of scholarship funds.
An alumni mentor is assigned to each recipient of the MCCAA Scholarship. Scholarship recipients are responsible for contacting their mentor at least twice each semester. Scholarships are renewed each semester based on the mentor’s recommendation.
Your alumni mentor is available to assist you in finding campus resources, provide suggestions as you prepare to transfer to another educational institution, advise you on career issues, or serve as a sounding board and supporter as you consider new opportunities.
The MCC Alumni Board thanks you for your application and wishes you all the best in your studies. We look forward to your future involvement in the association.