Chicanos Por La Causa Scholarship
The qualifications for this scholarship are as follows: This CPLC Scholarship is awarded to outstanding students pursuing an associate’s degree or transfer program at any of the 10 Maricopa County Community Colleges.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
- Must have graduated from Arizona high school or have a GED
- Must already be admitted to a Maricopa County Community College and have a student ID number
- Must be enrolled in an associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree transfer program
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (minimum 12 credit hours)
- Must hold a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
- Preference given to Latino students
- Must have completed less than 64 credit hours at the time of application
- Cannot combine with other Maricopa institutional scholarships
This is a highly competitive scholarship. Ideal applicants are highly motivated individuals with clearly-defined educational and career goals and a demonstrated commitment to community service.
This scholarship ranges from $500 to $1,500 per academic year and can be renewed for one additional year for a total of two years.